Carols by Candlelight at the Royal Albert Hall
2 days - by Coach
Price from £149.95 per person*
Departs 16th Dec 2017
Single person supplement : £30.00 per person
This Christmas weekend treat will surely tick all the boxes with an exquisite concert of carols and seasonal classics, plus free time for shopping or sightseeing in central London.
The concert will be performed at the Royal Albert Hall by the Mozart Festival Chorus and the Mozart Festival Orchestra, and will be staged in candle–lit full 18th– century period costume. The programme of music has not been published yet but last year's concert gives you an idea what to expect: Handel's Zadok the Priest and the Christmas sequence from Messiah, excerpts from Corelli's Christmas Concerto, Mozart's Laudate Dominum, and Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring. There will be readings from Dickens, Bernard Cribbins is expected as a special guest, and of course there will be lots of carols for everyone to sing.
This tour is organised and operated by Omega Holidays plc ABTA V4782 ATOL 6081
- Return coach travel from your chosen local departure point
- Overnight stay at a 4 star hotel within 20 miles of central London with full English breakfast
- Return coach transfer to the Royal Albert Hall
- A Circle ticket with a face value of £26.47 for the Saturday evening performance of Carols by Candlelight at the Royal Albert Hall (upgrades available - see panel)
- Free time in London on Sunday
- Services of an Omega coach driver/tour representative
- VAT at 20%
* Based on two people sharing a room. A room for single person occupancy is offered, subject to availability, at a supplement of £30pp for the break.
- Ticket upgrades, subject to availability:
- Circle ticket with a face value of £26.47 included
- Circle ticket with a face value of £33.33 for a supplement of £10
- Arena ticket with a face value of £47.50 for a supplement of £25
- Stalls ticket with a face value of £50.98 for a supplement of £30
Please note that Omega Holidays cannot be held responsible for the non–appearance of any named performer/celebrity, and no refunds will be given in this event.
Saturday After a morning departure from your local area we'll head directly to your hotel for check in the afternoon. You'll have some time to freshen up before we depart in the late afternoon for central London and the area around the Royal Albert Hall where you will be able to soak up the festive atmosphere and find somewhere nice for dinner before the evening's concert at 8 p.m. After the concert, the coach will take you back to the hotel for your overnight stay.
Sunday After a full English breakfast we'll take you into central London for free time to see the sights or browse the stores for those last–minute Christmas gifts before re–joining the coach for the journey home in the mid–afternoon.
Here are some example hotels or similar ones that we use for this break, actual availability may change with the travel date you choose.
Some hotels have an additional supplement per person, as shown below. Supplements are stated for the break (not per night)
If you would like to join our mailing list then please enter your email address below.